Friday, March 11, 2011

Coming Home

For me, home is actually two places - one is my parents house in the town where I grew up and the second is Atlanta, where I went to college and some of my closets friends still live.

So today, my home is the latter of the two - Atlanta. Whenever someone comes home, "home food" is always on their minds (or at least should be; if you do not think of food when you come home, then most likely I am not coming home to you), you think of the food you eat at home, sitting around the dining table and the food you go out for, sitting around a restaurant table.
Tonight we're going to eat something Atlanta does much better than Chicago (where I live at the moment) - MEXICAN!!! Chicago has mediocre mexican food. It's not delicious, the queso is not worth your nickel and the prices are not less than $6.95...oh you can't order the #11 combination, with a chicken taco. But here, Atlanta - the home of my heart - has it. IT HAS DELICIOSO MEXICAN!
I know this will be a great meal tonight and we haven't even made it to dinner. But friends, this is Atlanta where you know good mexican is on every corner, every neighborhood, in every heart.

Yes, I will have the #11 with a chicken taco please. Oh and a side of queso and please bring me a Coke (as in Coca Cola "the real thing", not Pepsi). Thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment